Office of the Administrator of Stool Lands
The Office of the Administrator of Stool Lands is responsible for the collection and disbursement of stool land revenue as mandated by Article 267 (2, 6-8) of the 1992 Constitution and Act 481 and is to report to Parliament.
The formula for disbursement of revenue mobilized by the Office is as prescribed in Article 267 (6) of the Constitution.
Apart from administering stool land revenue, the Office consults and co-ordinates with the relevant public agencies, stools, traditional authorities on matters relating to administration and development of stool lands and research into stool land issues.
- To enhance revenue mobilization for disbursement.
- To develop, manage and increase access and security to land
- To disseminate information on land issues
- To facilitate demarcation of farmlands.
- To assist in the implementation of the Land Administration Project (LAP)
- To assist in the establishment of Customary Land Secretariats as spelt out in the Land Administration Project (LAP).
- To research into customary land issues and document same to help reduce conflicts
- To intensify collaboration and consultation with chiefs to help enhance the operations of the Office
- To step-up Human Resource Capacity building so as to improve work output.